Information For Prospective Students
The Application/Pre-registration process should only be completed if Serviam Girls Academy has confirmed an opening for your child in the appropriate grade level.
Step 1: Pre-Registration: https://ecollect.accelaschool.com/diocesewilmington. Please complete with your child's information at After the form is submitted, the data will be approved by Serviam Girls Academy the following business day should an opening exist.
Step 2: PowerSchool Parent Account: Once the pre-registration has been approved, you will then receive an email from the Diocese of Wilmington (email@example.com) containing instructions on how to create a parent portal account in PowerSchool using the log-in credentials sent (access code and password).
Step 3: PowerSchool Forms: Once you access the PowerSchool parent account, all forms to be completed will be located under FORMS on the left side. Be sure to upload copies of your child's birth certificate, immunization record, student statement form, and School records request. If unable to upload the documents, please send copies to the Admissions Office.
Step 4: Application/Registration Fee: Please send the $25 non-refundable fee (PayPal or Debit/Credit HERE) or drop off a check or cash to the School's Main Office/Admissions along with a copy of the Student Demographic page (located under FORMS).
Step 5: Acceptance: Grade application decisions are on a rolling basis throughout the year contingent on completion of all admissions requirements (including assessments and recommendation forms, if applicable).
Any questions? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 302-651-9700.
- PowerSchool Parent Account
- PowerSchool Forms
- Two Teacher Recommendations
- Records Release Form & Copies of Transcripts
- Financial Paperwork (1040 & W2)
- Copy of Immunization Record & Birth Certificate
- Submit payment and demographic worksheet
- Parent/Guardian and Student Interview with Members of the Admissions Committee
- Admission testing-The admission test covers Math and Reading. It is used as only one criterion for evaluating prospective students. All prospective students must take this test at Serviam Girls Academy. Prospective students must have submitted a complete admission application prior to reserving a testing date.
Criteria for Acceptance
Serviam regards the family as a vital partner in each student’s education. Families that are strong candidates for admission will share the Serviam commitment to high behavioral expectations, challenging academic standards, a high level of parental involvement, the extended day and year model, the mandatory summer session, and the sports and enrichment programs.
To be considered for admission, a student must:
- Be entering 5th or 6th grade
- Qualify for the National School Lunch Program
- Demonstrate Positive Behavior
- Provide Academic Transcripts and Records
The following criteria are also evaluated:
- Academic ability as demonstrated by previous report cards and standardized test scores
- Letters of recommendation from the student’s current school
- Student and Parent/Guardian Interview
Serviam admits students of any race, color, and national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate based on the basis of race, color, or national or ethnic origin in administration of its education policies, admissions policies, scholarship programs, or athletic and other school-administered programs.
Serviam Girls Academy is an Accredited school by the Middle States Assiciation of Colleges and Schools Commissions on Elementary and Secondary Schools.
What does that mean? Middle States accreditation is an expression of confidence in an institution's mission and goals, its performance, and its resources. An institution is accredited when the educational community has verified that its goals are achieved through self-regulation and peer review.
Life as a Serviam Student
A Day In The Life
A Year In The Life
It is not only the students who live by the Serviam Pledge, but the entire Serviam Family at large.
I pledge this day, with INTEGRITY and PRIDE,
My continued support for the spirit of Serviam.
A spirit of COMMUNITY, not selfishness,
A spirit of RESPECT for each person I encounter.
A spirit of dignity for who I am,
A spirit of RESPONSIBILITY for who I will become,
And how I will act in SERVICE of others in need.
May this spirit grow in me today, and may the spirit of Serviam forever thrive!
Profile of a Serviam Graduate
Upon graduation, through the teachings of St. Angela Merici and the guidance of faculty, staff, and administration, a graduate of Serviam Girls Academy will be able to:
- Carry on and live out the qualities of the Serviam Pledge.
- Value learning as a lifelong process.
- Think critically with a sense of global awareness.
- Broaden her awareness of self and the world through cultural experiences.
- Maintain her composure in the face of challenge.
- Be confident and competent in self expression.
- Understand and embrace the benefits of a healthy lifestyle.
- Accept accountability for personal choices.
- Seek God through prayer.